Heathrow CEO questioned over airport shutdown
Digest more
Top News
Impacts
Officials and travelers are calling for an investigation into not only how the blaze started, but how it was able to cause such a large disruption to global travel.
From The New York Times
The incident left about 300,000 people stranded and cost airlines millions of pounds.
From Reuters
Read more on News Digest
It could cost $100 million and take years to install the backup generators to prevent another hourslong power loss like the one at Britain’s biggest airport last week.
British officials want answers after a blaze at a high voltage electrical substation two miles away knocked out power to Europe’s busy travel hub, resulting in more than 1,300 flight
The UK Secretary of State for Energy Security and Net Zero Ed Miliband announced Saturday that he is ordering an investigation into the substation fire.
London's Heathrow Airport reopened on Saturday after a power outage at one of the world's busiest airports the previous day caused widespread chaos and cancellations.
As Heathrow shut down sparking worldwide ... while those 'familiar with the investigations' claimed an electrical engineer sparked the fire. 'It's always cock-up rather than conspiracy,' a source ...
Heathrow’s CEO has broken his silence on the investigation ordered by the government into the fire, which caused huge disruption yesterday. Thomas Woldbye welcomed the news, adding ...
The Metropolitan Police's investigation into the Heathrow substation fire - which wreaked havoc at Europe's busiest airport last Friday - has found that there was no criminality involved. Partnered with the Counter Terrorism Command,
12don MSN
Heathrow’s chief executive has defended the airport’s response to the power outage and shutdown that sparked global travel chaos, apologizing to stranded passengers and confirming the airport is “operating as normal” Saturday.
Heathrow said on Saturday evening that it ... In a statement the fire service said: “London Fire Brigade Fire Investigation Officers, supported by a scientific advisor, have been working ...
THE British government has ordered an urgent investigation into how a fire at an electricity substation left Heathrow Airport in London in darkness on March 21, crippling one of the world's busiest airports.